Saturday, April 3, 2010

Giving it up

Well, there's no need for me to post a pic of my crazy quilting block before anyone has stitched on it because I'm never going to see it again. The first lady to get my block has decided to disappear and not return my block. I'm going to finish my commitment with the swap but I'm done with swaps and may even give up crazy quilting and go back to my painting and tatting. I enjoyed it in the beginning but I knew after the first few weeks into it I was never going to see my block again. I know it's just fabric but I tatted the crinoline lady for my sister that was on the block and I was hoping to give the finished block to my sister.

Here's to happier blogging going forward!

4 comments:

tisme said...

Oh Becky, I am so sorry!!
I understand how you feel. My block in the last RR went through 4 ladies then was gone. Finally about 6 months after the swap, my block came home. Not finished, but at least returned. I hope yours shows up.
Don`t give up, just do CQ blocks for you and yours. That is what I have done.

Holee said...

Becky, I got some flak from some of the ladies because they didn't like my attitude of being so demanding with my swaps and posting the swappers names who were a no show, late show, or just plain cheap!

I really don't care about their opinions. It's just plain rude to be a bad swapper! I bet the theif is on my black list. They do this and wait for months..then they return like nothing happened and are welcomed back with open arms. I just don't get it!

I feel really bad that this happened to you, you are just so sweet...

Holee said...

DON'T give it up! I was talking with Tammy & WE are going to do a round robin, just us friends. We'll call it THE FRIENDS Block RR! Of course, you'll have to wait until I get grounded in Texas!

I sure hope you and Donna can come and visit me sometime! Maybe next spring when she is settled and I am settled in.

I'm already thinking about this block & I have my idea...maybe..lol

JaNae said...

Becky, I am so sorry about your block. I am still hoping that she will return the block. ( but will not swap with her again ) I am very careful about which swaps i sign up for and if there is one whom I've had problems within the past, I will not swap with them again. ( that is why I haven't signed up for a lot of the swaps lately, for this exact reason, but also if I know I won't have the time to commit to the swap, I will not sign up) Hang in there and big hugs to you.