Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Smidgen more Progress







I finally got a new camera cord since losing mine on my family trip to Kentucky. I've really been lazy since getting back but I thought I would post my little bit of progress.
I received some awesome "do-dad" packages from some of my favorite people. I've added some things from those gifts. I think if you click on the pic you can get a better view. You can almost see the little bird I tatted. He's kind of washed out in that area so I'm not sure he's a keeper. I keep tatting things for this block but nothing is working for me yet. I tatted a blue bird for a friend but for some reason it didn't upload. I'm "electronically challenged" so I'm not surprised. I'm going to add some more seam treatments but those are challenging for me. I admire all the beautiful embroidery and SRE work I've seen in blog land and wish I could duplicate some of them. I feel the upper left corner needs something else. Or, is it over done? Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your stitching is very lovely! :)

Unknown said...

comment again w/ your email address and I won't publish it...then I'll email you for your address and send you the heart if you want it. I was just looking at your photo again on my google reader when your comment popped up in my email! LOL! I was thinking how pretty those flower blossoms are! The heart would look pretty and I was wondering what I was going to do with it now, LOL!

Shogun said...

It's so nice to meet you and I can already tell I am going to like this blog!

Holee said...

Your block is turning out so nice! Gentle colors of pinks & greens are my favorite.

Shawkl said...

Oh my gosh! You're a natural! I am in awe of your flower stitching and that cretan stitch! Love the colors on your block; and how lovely it's turning out!

Super job!....

Donna said...

I think it's looking fantastic. I hope you join in next years swap!!